Services: Interim Fundraising Leadership
Executive-level nonprofit leadership turnover is our new reality.
- 1 in 6 executive directors are 60+ years old (Source: Nonprofit Compensation & Benefits Survey)
- 33 percent of executive directors are somewhat or very burned out (Source: Nonprofit Compensation & Benefits Survey)
- Half of the chief development officers are planning to leave their position (Source: UnderDeveloped: A National Study of Challenges Facing Nonprofit Fundraising)
Hiring for these positions take at least four to six months – sometimes even a year. Understanding the importance of maintaining solid donor relationships, can your nonprofit afford to wait until the new leader comes on board?
OAI has provided short- and long-term interim executive directors and chief fundraiser solutions for more than 20 years. Our interim solutions clients often learn that there are larger issues that need to be fixed before they can hire senior executives. We have seen time-and-time again that it can take much longer than expected to fill senior leadership positions with the right person, and our clients often ask us to extend our contracts from interim to long-term solutions.
Instead of thinking how you will get by without leadership on a month-to-month basis, consider using our professionals as long-term partners for your nonprofit's success.
“(OAI) came in, ran the department, and kept it steady until they found me. Rather than me starting over, (OAI) was the glue that helped the department going.”
-Jeffrey Mack, Chief Development Officer, American Red Cross - National Capital Region
- Strategic counsel
- Executive and/or development office leadership
- On-site or off-site campaign, foundation, corporate, major gifts, individual, and event fundraising staff
- Board support and management
- Assistance in hiring and training for the open position
- Fundraising goals met
- Seamless transition with your fundraising operations
- Enhanced fundraising strategies, including cultivation and solicitation efforts
- Improved teamwork
- Increased board and committee fundraising
- Trained fundraising leadership and staff
Interim Fundraising Leadership Specialties:
Interim Fundraising Leadership Clients:
- American Nicaraguan Foundation
- American Red Cross – National Capital Region
- American Red Cross – North Jersey Region
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington
- Boys and Girls Harbor
- College Summit
- Friends of Hudson River Park
- Trust for the National Mall
In the Media:
- To read The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s take on how many nonprofits, large and small, are using consultants as short-term interim fundraising leadership solutions, click here.